- The in-person 2020 Progress Seminar scheduled for October 23, 24, and 25 will go virtual – New dates: November 6, November 13, and November 20, 2020
- The date may change to accommodate previous requests related to the November 2020 election
- We are working on the format, length, and interactive technologies that will take us virtual, but keep us connected
- The attendee experience will be much more than a Zoom call and our sponsors will still be celebrated!
- We will determine how to incorporate COVID-19 topics into the program related to government, business, and regional recovery
- All hotel room reservations will be cancelled automatically
- $300 of your full registration $750 fee will be applied to your 2021 conference registration automatically.
For the most update-to-date information on the current COVID-19 situation, please visit: www.samceda.org
Overheard at the Progress Seminar:
“I especially appreciate the chance to forge relationships, entertain new perspectives, and renew and deepen my ties with the remarkable leaders that come to the Progress Seminar every year. This is the magic of San Mateo County.”
“This is why I come to the Progress Seminar – it gives us a safe space to discuss controversial issues.”
“People can really help by showing up to lend their support at the local and regional levels and also by supporting legislation that is designed to move the housing agenda forward.”
“[San Mateo County] is the connector between two major cities. We have common interests. If you listen, build relationships, and understand other counties, it makes it possible to garner support for our projects. I think we do have clout because we know how to collaborate.”
“It takes the entire region to work together.”
“There is no place like San Mateo County. The level of collaboration and working partnerships is unusual and it makes us unique. Relationships matter. But you’ve got to reach out and create them.”